14 October 2014

SunStock Interviews Eli Purks

Eli Purks is a young star with big dreams. He's just working his way into the industry with his debut, self titled record. We caught up with Eli to find out why he is one to watch!


What’s your story? What made you want to make music?


A: I wanted to make music because I am a very deep thinker, and I have a lot to  say , and I just enjoy the production and creating a masterpiece, and then seeing the outcome. And my story is that I come from a small town in Texas nothing really happens there, and I’ve always been a dreamer and I’ve always lived in fantasy land, so music was my escape to that world.


How would you describe your sound?


A: I would say my sound is a different from what’s being played on the radio, I listen to all types of music genres, I listen to different sounds, and I incorporate those different sounds and those different genres all into one, if that makes any sense.


What were your inspirations behind this EP?


A: Well I wanted to make a project because I had A LOT to say and I had just graduated from hell (High School) and in a way I felt free to do whatever I wanted and to get out into the world and live my dream, and do what I want and make music without any barriers, without any limitations.


Who have you worked with to develop your music and sound?


A: I worked with tons of vocal coaches, engineers, and the producer for my record was a guy named Carl Dennis, he lives in New York and we just started working together, he made the beats for record, produced it, etc.


Can you explain your songwriting process to us?


A: It took a couple months to finish writing all the songs because the record only has five songs, so basically my producer created the sounds, and the instruments and the beats and he gave me about ten beats and I hand picked five of them, so I just wrote to the beats and the rest is history, and I feel its easier to write songs that way, to already have the instrumentals it makes it less stressful.


What are your aspirations? Where do you intend to take your music in the future?


A: My aspiration is to be the biggest star ever, I really want it. I want to make music that everyone can enjoy, I want to take my music to a larger scale and become a larger than life megastar, and I want to inspire people to do great things with their life, and hopefully pave the way for a new generation of singers the same way Michael Jackson and Madonna did to the singers of today. This is the beginning of a long, impactful, remarkable career.


Do you have any future projects in the making that we should keep an eye out for?

A: I hope to do another project, I’ve already started writing but I’m not gonna release another record too soon, I’m trying to market myself, and show people who I am as an artist and my brand. But anyway, if you ever need to check any of my music out you go to bandcamp and search for Eli Purks, and my twitter name is at @Eli_Purks, or just google me you’ll find A LOT of stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment